Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Still TRYING- NO Help Forthcoming


I can easily post this pic, but not link to where I got it, but it's an all Russian language site, so maybe no big deal.

OKay- Now that Blogger Beta (to which I will remind you I was extremely reluctant to migrate) is now simply Blogger and not working right, I'm experiencing the unparalleled service I have every right to expect with a free product. Since it's been free for me to use, I try not to strain the system and not to ask too much or complain too loud. However, this is a new low in non-functionality.

The posting window I'm using here doesn't have my usual set of easy, WYSIWYG controls. No, this beast digests raw HTML which I'm lousy at writing. I could go into my old posts and do the copying and pasting of the appropriate code for alignments and fonts and links, but I don't want the hassle or to have to become an HTML hexpert. Due to some of my background projects in the works, I may be able (very soon) to point this blog from Blogger to a different platform- another one of my strange fruits- that won't be any worse. At this moment, it would have to be much better.

For the record, I went through all the Help files and then to Google's moderated Blogger forums, and while 5 or 6 other users Amened my post saying they'd seen the same thing, no one authoritative, so to speak, has replied with any useful advice. I'm having the problem on multiple browsers, both PC and Mac. The situation makes for ugly, link-poor posts filled with my whining. I'll be addressing the fixes this week and next, but I apologize now. I just knew the new Blogger would implode somehow. Boom.

No comments: